The Student News Site of Oak Grove High School
Senior+Isabella+Miles+dressed+up+for+the+St.+Patrick%27s+theme+day.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

To dress or not to dress: Homecoming costumes

Senior Isabella Miles dressed up for the St. Patrick's theme day.

Photo Courtesy of Anna PIttman

Photo Courtesy of Anna PIttman

Photo Courtesy of Anna PIttman

October 31, 2017

Oak Grove High School’s homecoming week is in full motion as of today. With the second day being Halloween themed, the hundreds of costumes express each student’s interest in expressing themselves – whether they want to go all-out or do nothing at all.

Homecoming Week at Oak Grove has been a tradition, including costumes and themes, for years now, and it continues to gets better each year. This year’s seasonal theme makes the costumes similar, but Halloween pulls out all of the stops. Being a big supporter of Homecoming Week, I try to have as much fun with the costumes as I can. A week without Oak Grove’s strict dress code rules makes for a lot of fun and interesting outfits throughout the student body.

Most students go with the flow of the seasonal themes, but some decide to just dress normally or even in dress code. I’m not belittling these students, but I find it hard not to want to go look for a costume for a theme and have fun with it. Homecoming is all about the comradery of expressing yourself with your friends at school as well as your school spirit. Even if its a pair of star glasses for the Fourth of July theme or just a red hat for the Christmas theme, anything can bring a little bit of school spirit for this highly-anticipated week.

The Warrior Beat • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in