Oak Grove High School yearbook wins Best in Mississippi

The+award+winning+feature+spread+by+Emily+Grace+Edwards+and+Halle+Morrisette%2C+the+2016-2017+yearbook+editors.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The award winning feature spread by Emily Grace Edwards and Halle Morrisette, the 2016-2017 yearbook editors.

Photo Courtesy of mississippischolasticpress.com

The Oak Grove High School yearbook staff added another award to their already extensive collection. As a whole the “I Believe” themed yearbook won Best in Mississippi for 2017, as well as many other awards.

The 2016-2017 staff was recognized for best feature photo (Emily Grace Edwards), academic photo (Avery Stephan), sports photo (Ansley Plunk), overall photography, student life spread (Halle Morrisette), sports spread (Kameron Mitchell), feature spread (Edwards and Morrisette), and overall design.  

Additionally, many members of the yearbook staff were honored for their individual works and spreads. “It just validates all of the hard work and dedication the staffers put into it. This is the third year in a row that we have won Best in Mississippi,” said yearbook staff sponsor Joy Davis. “They’re working hard again this year to reach the same goals.”

Last week the staff released the theme for their 2018 yearbook: “Think Big.” The staff is extremely excited to share their hard work at the end of this school year and encourages students to follow their Instagram account (@oghs_yearbook) to keep up with updates from the staff. Additionally, they encourage everyone to purchase a yearbook before the January 31 deadline. After January 1, the price will increase to $80. Orders can be placed online or in Mrs. Davis’ room in G104.