Oak Grove High School Golden Spirits win two state titles!

Photo Courtesy of Blythe Buys via Twitter

OGHS Golden Sprits pictured with their two trophies, collection of medals, and two banners.

The OGHS Golden Spirits brought home two State Championships in Jazz and Kick after their competition this past weekend in Jackson. This marks the first time since 2015 that the team has claimed a state title. Additionally, this is the first time in history the team has claimed two State Championships in one competition. Last year, the team took home a third place trophy for their Pom dance, but they did not place in Jazz.

The Golden Spirits have stunned the Oak Grove faculty and student body throughout the semester with their performances at games and pep rallies. The team usually performs dances unique to the occasion, ranging from hip hop to contemporary, unless it is on of their competition routines.

“Our toughest competitors were Ocean Springs and North West Rankin,” said sophomore Chloe Davis. “Our team worked extremely hard for this every day. Everyone was super invested and put in 100% of their effort.”

“It was the most amazing feeling,” said sophomore Jane Granberry, “it was like everything that you had practiced and cleaned for the past 7 months was completely worth it.”

The Golden Spirits, their family and friends, and many students and faculty from OGHS took to social media to express their congratulations.