The Student News Site of Oak Grove High School
Photo: Susan Broadbridge/Hattiesburg American

Fuzzy’s Taco Shop finally opens in Hattiesburg

February 26, 2018

The long-awaited Fuzzy’s Taco Shop has finally opened their doors in the new Midtown Market near Southern Miss. In order to boost revenue on the grand opening, Fuzzy’s hosted a competition. They posted on Facebook: “Join us Wednesday at the Grand Opening Event, the first 50 customers get FREE TACOS FOR A YEAR.

The post was shared only 25 times, but the response was better than expected. Customers started lining up over two hours before opening, and by 11 am there was a long line of people eager to get their free tacos and try the new restaurant!

Fuzzy’s dynamic is to take a restaurant and turn it into a trend. They were founded in 2003 and now have over 100 restaurants across America. The owners envision a place with “good vibes.” On their website they said,  “It would be the kind of place that you never want to leave. It would be a huge, craving-inducing success.”

They are also taking advantage of social media by hosting giveaways and promoting their menu. A rewards app is also available for download. Every time a purchase is made, points are added to the app. Points can be redeemed for merchandise and food.  

Fuzzy’s Taco Shop is located at 3102 Hardy St in Hattiesburg, and they are open from 7 am to 10 pm daily.

The Warrior Beat • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in