Oak Grove Primary’s Fall Festival

Back to Article
Back to Article

Oak Grove Primary’s Fall Festival

Oak Grove students help at the Primary's Fall Festival

Photo Courtesy of Taylor Strange

Photo Courtesy of Taylor Strange

Photo Courtesy of Taylor Strange

Oak Grove Primary recently held its annual Fall Festival where kids play games, win prizes, and make lasting memories.

This year was Laurie Stewart’s first year in charge of planning the festival after helping in previous years.

“Our first planning meeting was around the beginning of September,” Stewart said.  “We have a committee that started getting everything together.”

“It really hasn’t been stressful,” Stewart said. “It’s just lots of planning and making sure everything is organized.” 

For Stewart, the biggest reward was seeing the kids make the most of the festival after all of the hard work .

“People coming out and just seeing the smiles on the kids faces whenever they win a game,” Stewart said.  “It’s just a fun family night.”

Even though the weather didn’t cooperate, the festival continued as planned.

“We almost postponed it, but we decided to go ahead and have it still,” Stewart said “It feels good knowing we organized everything, and it flowed smoothly.”

The festival had unlimited games and unique activities for the kids.

“The toilet paper bowl activity was a very creative idea,” Stewart said. “I like that the kids got a treat just for participating. It’s just good fun.” 

The school’s principal Alice Rainwater saw many rewarding factors in hosting the festival.

“We love this night because our families get to come out and enjoy good quality time,” Rainwater said. “They get to see the school and the teachers as well as spend time as a families.”