Drama team hosts annual zombie run

Drama Student, Emmie Perkins, as a zombie

Photo Courtesy of Emmie Perkins

Oak Grove High School’s drama department will be hosting the 5th Annual Zombie Run.  The run takes place in a wooded trail and, as runners go through, they will encounter the living dead.  The trail is scattered with zombies (portrayed by drama students) whose job is to scare the runners during the first lap.  During the second lap, runners will wear orange ties around their waists.  Now, the zombies job is to take these ties from the runners.  The goal of participants is to get out “alive,” meaning they have zero missing ties.  Even though these zombies don’t touch the runners, their terrifying appearances make everyone run like the wind.

The award-winning Oak Grove drama department was recently chosen to represent the country at a festival in Edinburgh, Scotland.  This summer, the team will travel to Europe to perform in a world wide festival for high school students.  Suzanne Allmon, head of the department, calls this journey the “Scottish Quest”. Many fundraisers have been planned to raise money for the trip, including the zombie run.  These fundraisers also raise money for Oak Grove’s competitive drama team as they go on to compete in regional, state, and national competitions throughout the year. 

The zombie run will be held Saturday, October 21 at Oak Grove High School.  Sign-up is at 7:30 in the morning and the run starts at 8:30.  Participation requires a $20 fee.  More information about the zombie run and other fundraisers and events can be found on the Oak Grove High School Theatre Facebook page.